View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: 150/300 bellagio hand

Preflop, I wouldve folded this hand to an UTG raise in a 6 handed game, but i understand you had your reasons for reraising. Postflop: I play it exactly the same as you did. When the NL player Coldcalls 3 bets preflop and calls the flop on this rag board, bells have to go off. Simply put, the NL player either has a better ace or a pocket pair, since you have outs to beat him when you are behind, checking and calling is the right move in my opinion. If you bet the turn two bad things can happen, you may get raised by a better hand or the NL player may fold his 2 outer being convinced you have an Ace. By checking the turn, you can induce the NL player to bet a weaker hand like a lower pocket pair, and you save money when you avoid his turn raise when he has a better hand. Checkraising the turn is just absurd, since the NL player will never fold a better hand, All a checkraise will do is make the NL player fold his 2 outer which is exactly what we dont want, and theres always the possibilty you get 3 bet by a better hand. Once you check and call the turn, I think you must check and call the river since you may have induced the NL player to bet a hand like KK which you can beat.