Thread: Raising AJo UTG
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Raising AJo UTG

My experience is for 2/4 and 3/6 with these hands.

I just had to answer this one. At 1st I thought folding or limping with AJo and KQo was correct. But limping SUCKS!!!! I limp then 4 people enter and your almost 1st to act. You gotta bet into all these callers that can have anything. If I get reraised preflop it is much easier for me to play my hand.

But then I took about 50,000 hands and said F$*K it. I started raising with KQo and AJo UTG.

What I found that because I play well I was able to make both those hands profitable.

But I think it did something else. Because I raised with more hands UTG I got called more with my premiums and made more money from those hands. I think the poorer players saw that I was raising with AJ and KQ and started thinking Im loose and that I might be also raising with KT KJ AT... So they called more with more dominated hands.

I think to play these hands you have to know how to play them and you have to really know the player reraising you if it comes down to that. I think raising preflop makes it easier to play.

My 2 cents.