View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 05:38 PM

Default Re: 2+2 SNG Game Survey

I really enjoy these games as its a cheap way to play against some really good players and I view any kind of result as a significant achievement.

I'd like to play in more than I do but the Europe game is often right when I'm eating (would prefer a later start) and the US game is just too late on a Tuesday (the switch to Thursday might help with the 2.30am start as I only have to survive work until 1pm on the Friday).

I'm as guilty as anyone about posting hands. My suggestions would be that a separate hand discussion thread is started with every game to make this 'requirement' more visible and that each player should be 'encouraged' to pick one hand from their game and post it for discussion. It might be the hand they go out on, or just a hand that made them think hard.

Maybe we could encourage this by awarding leaderboard points to those who post hands or some sort of small incentive (token prize, tourney buy in, etc) to the player who contributes most over the year in this respect (based on a poll of the regular players, not on number of posts).

Other than that I wouldn't change much at all. These games are great fun but I would like to see more discussion arising than at present. I've learned much already and I'd have tremendous respect for many of the players I've seen. I'd love a bit more of an insight into how they're playing/reading me. I'd be happy to contribute my share to this process and I don't think that one hand each per event is too onerous a requirement. After all, the purpose of these games, I believe, was to stimulate discussion and provide a learning experience to all who participate.

Sheriff