View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Libby indicted - five counts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I think is interesting in this is that he wasn't charged with anything directly related to slipping Plame's name. The charges center on what he did once the probe started.

So does anyone think that perhaps this verifies what the republicans have been saying all along that no crime was actually committed?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the Kenneth Starr investigation? He did bring indictments to certain folks if memory serves regarding Whitewater but never could pin anything on Bill or Hillary yet Bill gets impeached for lying to a grand jury about Monica and such. There's no way these special prosecuters are going to spend millions of $ on an investigation and not come up with at least some indictments. I don't know but I see some similarities between the Starr episode and this one. Clinton apparently had no involvment in a crime until he lied about his dalliances which weren't related to the possible crime being investigated. SOP for inside the beltway politics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.

I look forward to seeing the Repulican politicians and pundits making a fool of themselves with their hypocritical rantings.