Thread: JhTh button
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: JhTh button

PREFLOP: I think it is close between coldcalling and folding, given your description of the raiser and the fact that a poor player has joined the pot, I think your call is ok.

FLOP: We both know that the raiser is going to bet this flop every time whether he has a hand or not so you could easily have the best hand, so the question is should you raise or call? With 2 people committed on this draw heavy board and only one person behind you I think the best play is to call and see what the turn brings and reevaluate. So I like your flop play.

TURN: When the raiser bets and the CO calls, I think its obvious that you have the CO beat, and theres still a decent chance you have the raiser beat also, so once again you cant fold. I like raising instead of calling since there is a small chance that you may be able to get the best hand to fold, hands like AT,QT,JJ,QQ,or even AA may make a bad fold. Also if you are 3 bet you have a really easy fold IMO. So once again I like your turn play.
RIVER: If anyone calls your turn raise I would check the river unless a Ten hits.

IMO you played this hand well.