View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Another interesting table read - perhaps ($22)

[ QUOTE ]

cool, no worries. i just think there's very close to actually 0 value to mixing up my play in low stakes sngs.

in this spot, if you think his range is AK or KK, put some nice distro on which is which, and play accordingly. there's no shame in occasionally playing a small pot with AA when you've dicked yourself preflop and are out of position and have a bad feeling about the procedings.

might he have played QQ and JJ this way? AQ?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't think so. If I put him on a range of hands preflop that makes a raise like this, even a smallish pair like 99 or TT (assuming those are sets also - not looking at HH), I see all of them making a c-bet minimally. Furthermore, I think AK bets here more than 50% of the time. Perhaps as often as 80-90% of the time.

Anyhow, yeah, I can see why playing for a small pot here would be wise when my sensors are going bezerk. I saw the showdown, so I know he had KK. But it was interesting to me. If I had to put %'s to it, I would have said that it was like 90% KK, and only 10% AK. At least, that's how I felt during the hand.