View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Help me get rid of cashout syndrome!

Well, I started playing in March. I've played about 200,000 hands, and I'm certainly a winning player at the lower limits. I started with $10 at Pokerroom and my bankroll is now $700. I'm playing 1/2 6max.

Anyways, I have a sheet of paper marking all my cashouts from Neteller to my bank account. Over $3,000.

Now I'm not saying that if I had kept that money in there I would be playing 10/20 or anything, but I feel I can beat 3/6 (I just don't have the roll).

Some of the money was cashed out for my security deposit, car insurance, and smaller things like that. But then again, I also bought a 2001FP, $200 computer speakers, books, records, clothes, etc.

How can I get rid of this mental block? I know that if I get up to $1200 and start 4-tabling 2/4 full I can definitely win and be on the road to winning much more. Instead I am stuck at 1/2 because I lack any sort of discipline. What is the easiest way to do this? Keep in mind I do need to cash out $100-$200 a month to keep myself on my feet. I live in an apartment with a friend of mine. I do have a job obviously. I just like using poker to live comfortable or something.

Any suggestions? And I know I'm not the first to have this problem. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!