View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: A4s, no position

Good points Jason.

Of course, on the flop I sometimes lead, sometimes check, sometimes I might just give it up or check-raise. It depends.

On the turn I was thinking about leading into him, but realized that by doing that I'm pretty much giving up on any chance of letting him keep firing at me, representing an ace. And I don't think I can really practice good pot-control here, as any reasonable turn bet will make him fold hands that are behind, and probably raise (call?) hands that have me burried. By that I, again, lose the chance of winning anything from hands that are behind and might not improve on the river. Of course, it's not the easy way, but I think I can handle tough situations later on. Obviously, it's a way-ahead way-behind situation. I'm worried about some Ax that kill me, but I don't see better way to play against them.

On the river I was thinking about betting out like you suggest, and it's not a bad line probably. But again, I suspect letting him fire out again is somewhat better. I would have found myself in a tougher situation if the river bet was bigger, I think. I felt that with the sizes of the bets, all along this hand, most chances I have the only ace here. I'm still thinking about this hand.