View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 02:42 AM

Default How long can a downswing last for a profitable player?

Hi all,

No bad beat stories here (although I have more in the past 48 hours than I know what to do with).

Over the past 75 or so SNGs, I am down 12 buy ins. The downswing itself happened basically all at once, with an incredible streak of out of the money places. Since then, I have played about even poker. I have to say.... it is really mentally draining.

So... for all of you 25%ROI + long term SNG players. How long should a streak SIGNIFICANTLY off your ROI last?

I know 75 isnt a huge sample... but I also have a feeling that any long term decent player really shouldnt have all too many losing streaks over 75 games. Not even 1 of these streaks per 1000 games.

So, enlighten me. Is there a point where I have to reevaluate some of the things that im doing? I hate to rethink my game that has served me so well for the past 6 weeks.

Do any of you find your game deteriorate from staring at the screen, playing 4 tables, hand after hand.... If I am getting burntout and consequently playing worse poker, give me some tips on how to avoid this.

Thanks.