View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Next Week: Las Vegas Mirage AHOY

I'm staying at the Mirage as I have no doubt I'll be playing almost exclusively there as I'll only wander outside if I begin to fancy catching some show at night. I'll be the 6'7" Hungarian talking more than most at the tables and it won't have anything to do with the amounts of alcohol getting sucked down at alarming frequency.

As far as No Limit goes, the last I was there was this past December and they did have a NL game going. (Someone else from around there can probably say accurately what stakes they run.) Even when that's not going - or when the $6-$12 and $10-$20 have lists - it seems like you can always jump onto a $3-$6 for some No Fold 'em Hold 'em for a half hour while you wait for any other table.

I know everyone has their own s3cr3t t3ch for getting comps, but I've found with playing there a lot while I'm there (not to mention that I'm logging my time to get the poker room rate) that they're cool about flicking off the freebies. Just ask nicely and you should be able to eat at the buffet on them relatively easily.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com