View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: PS $55 Flop Trips

[ QUOTE ]
Against an EP limp/raiser, I'd be more inclined to look for a c/r. Here with the late limp openings, I'd prefer to lead on this flop. In my experience, you're less likely to get a decent flop lead from a "well, no one else is in, I'll see a flop" LP hand.

With that said though, I prefer to lead small here. Though you're giving the odds for the flush-draw, a t60 here might setup a raise from a LP "Q" holder. The modest lead will chase out the complete whiffs, but might draw in PP holders, or even a weak player's rag Ace. If your lead is viewed as buying a card for your own FD, you might find all the action you're desiring here on the flop.

With a caller or two, I'm dropping the hammer pretty hard on a non-heart turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great response, thanks. I actually checked and it got checked around. Here is the rest of the hand:

Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop: (t120) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t120) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t80</font>, UTG calls t80, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.

River: (t280) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Do you check the river and try to induce a bluff if villian was on a flush draw, or do you prefer to value bet the river?