View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Fun with Paradise nano monkeys

[ QUOTE ]
My grandfather dabbles with ~$15 in Paradise playing the nano .02/.04 LHE and asks me to make him a little money. I did -- got dealt QQ twice in a row (RIGGED!!!!111).

This hand was actually kind of interesting:

I get Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1
One call the me and I raise. I get 5 (yes five) cold callers, SB 3 bets, BB and UTG cold call, I cap, all call.

9 to the flop for 36 SBs:

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (RIGGED!!!!!111)

SB leads, 7 callers (including me).

Turn (A lot of bets):

7:brick:

Same thing happens.

River (some sick amount of bbs):

2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets again, 2 callers to me. What do you do here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The more I think about this, the more I like a raise. SB could have a lot of hands here that don't include the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and there's a lot of dead money going into the pot. I think a raise is +EV here. You're probably beat a lot, but the times you aren't, a raise is huge.

EDIT: I somehow misread the turn action and thought you were last to act on the river. With three more players behind you, I'd much rather call. But basically for the same reason - the overcalls you're going to get should more than make up for the times you're behind.