View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Party Poker notes file

I'm at my parents' place for the holidays and they've got a computer and a wireless connection so I've been playing a bit of poker but without PT and PA. So I'm not totally in the dark, I emailed myself my notes file so I could at least have my player notes at the table. Unfortunately, something is amiss and my notes are truncated around the 55-60th character (it is not uniform from one player SN to the next). Can anybody tell me what's wrong?

More detail:
--I emailed the file "Notes.txt" found in the Party main directory using gmail.
--When I open the notes file wtith notepad prior to opening Party, the file is of the format "SN~text>" where SN is the screenname, it is followed by a tilda, then my notes are present with tabs taking the place of carriage returns, then the note ends with a greater than sign, then the next note begins without a carriage return, space, or anything else. At this time, all my notes are complete
--After opening Party and finding somebody I have a note on, the note icon is present and, when I click on "show notes", I get a truncated (55-60 character long) version of my notes on that player.
--After closing Party and reopening Notes.txt with notepad, the text has changed drastically. There is now a carriage return between each player (so each SN has its own line) but the "SN~text>" is still preserved despite the text being cut.
--Any new notes I make from my parents' computer do not suffer from the truncation issue.

Thanks in advance.