View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Re: Do you/Can you/Would you fold KK here?

Raise all-in preflop. If he's a standard 1/2 NL reraiser he won't fold any type of hand. My personal favorite was the guy who minreraised my raise to 14 with t9h and when I moved all-in with AA, he called his remaining 185 instantly LMAO.

On the flop you've got six outs against every hand that he is beating you with (4 Q and 2K )and blockers to his QQ. Just get all-in on the flop and hope for the best. AK or QQ is just as likely as JJ TT AA. 8 Combinations of AK and 6 of QQ =14. AA six combinations 3 jj 3 tt= 12 combinations. 14:12 you have him beat assuming he always puts in a continuation bet. Now at showdown both AK and QQ are going to beat you roughly 30% of the time. You are going to beat AA JJ TT roughly 25% of the time. This would changes the odds to 9.4 to 9 which means you will win this matchup slightly more than half the time. Basically the idea is to keep something like AK or QQ betting as long possible b/c against these two hands you are a favorite and you will be against them at least 1/2 the time (14:12)

Raising the flop is a poor idea b/c it lets these hands of easy. You may want to consider a passive calling route while folding to an A or 8 on the turn or river. If you hit your King on the turn call and only raise if you fill up on the river. If your opponent does not have QQ. He has to suspect QQ to be a your likely holding . If the Queen falls on the turn I think an argument can be made for getting all the money in, but a better route might be to wait until the river and raise only if the board doesn't pair. Its 15:8 after the queens falls that you opponent is not holding AK (6 combinations AA + 3 QQ + 3 JJ+ 3 TT= 15) Which means if you raise the river all-in and get called you will be profitably over 60% of time. If checked to on the turn check behind-- no point in being check raised off your draws when your opponent has a set.

The general idea is to rope-a-dope the hands that you beat while conserving money against the ones that have dominated.