View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: A little line check or two

[ QUOTE ]
1st hand i think you should've potted the flop and pushed the turn. You are most likely ahead and drawing to the nuts, so you should get as much money in as possible. As played, just go all-in on turn.

2nd hand - just fold. i think you are right about either going all-in or folding, and there aren't too many hands you're ahead of. From my experience, he probably has aces, even though i think he played them horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here were my thoughts.

On hand 1, I didn't want to lose a guy with a good heart, like KhQx, or with any one pair hand. If I'd gotten raised on the flop I'd have probably jammed it there, but because my hand was made and drawing to the nuts, I was in no hurry to build the pot right away with a strong lead. I wasn't going anywhere and I wanted to hook in whatever hands I could.
On the turn I figured he would bet any remotely made hand or any half decent draw and I could jam it then. Leading the turn would lose a lot of those hands, but almost all of them would bet when checked to.

On hand 2 I have such a hard time putting him on a range. Obviously some people play AA/KK this way, but it's so obvious that I'd think people would do this with other hands from time to time. In any case he minraised me out of position and led the flop with a non-intimidating bet, all signs that he has a big gun under there. I decided that I was probably behind and folded, especially since if I'm ahead I don't make another dime and if behind he gets my stack.

Basically I thought I played these hands OK, but -- especially in hand 2 -- I wanted to see what goes through other people's heads when put in funky spots like that. Just some general commentary would be welcome.

Everett

P.S. In hand 1 he turned out to have T7hh for the flopped flush, which I think has zero bearing on the discussion. He has the flush there like 2% of the time, it's the other 98% that I care about. Too bad I didn't suck out.