Thread: I play weird
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 10:35 PM

Default I play weird

2/5 5-handed game, I'm SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 520 behind. UTG folds, Button makes it 10, I reraise to 40, BB coldcalls with 650 behind, Button folds.

This guy keeps pushing me out of pots when I raise preflop. He checkminraised a few times when I had overcards and I laid it down. A few hands ago, I raised preflop with QQ and he checkraised me on a 7-high 2-flush board, I reraised and he folded. He's probably betting air most of the time with his checkraises; I guess he thinks I can be pushed around (true).

Anyway, flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with 90 in the pot.

I check, he bets 55, I call.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with 200 in the pot.

I check, he bets 140, I call.

River J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with 480 in the pot.

I push for almost 300.

I'm playing with my style and mixing it up. My old style of betting the flop with anything after raising preflop and then giving up against resistance isn't working too well, so I'm trying a much more passive style. It lands me in some bizarre spots though, like this hand, where I have no idea if I'm ahead or behind. Anyone else play this hand similarly?