View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Favorite Spice/Seasoning

[ QUOTE ]
Call me old school, I'm gonna go with pepper here. alot of other spices like paprika or cumin really add a lot to some dishes, but it all starts with mother [censored] black pepper. In the middle ages entire trade routes were laid out around pepper. pepper is the [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say garlic, but now you reminded me how much I love pepper. Black pepper or white pepper. Love it, and lots of it too. Although garlic comes to mind first when I think of delicious and savory, I put pepper on things much more often than garlic, several times over if not more.

Garlic is great, though. You almost can't have too much of it. You can definitely have too much pepper. Though for me, that also requires a LOT.

I also like thyme a lot. It makes things nicely aromatic. Really great baked in a closed cast iron pot with chicken so the taste really permeates the meat. Takes chicken to a whole other level.

Also I like rosemary quite a bit, and again it's great on chicken.

Actually, if I had to pick my favorite ways to season and spice stuff, it would be with butter, pepper, lemon, and garlic. Alone or in whatever combo.