View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Stars NL200: AK w/ K high board + flush draw w/ 2 all-in\'s.

My reads:

Button: aggressive player, probably willing to get all in with AK on an A or K high board. Fairly solid, but a bit of a gambler and possibly a little on tilt right now.

UTG: Haven't played with him before. Seems to be playing a solid game. No particular tendencies detected.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($209.75)
Button ($147.70)
SB ($198)
BB ($193.65)
UTG ($182)
MP1 ($49.25)
Hero ($104.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $6, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.

Note: with a caller in front of me, I usually raise AK a bit more here. But I'm mixing up my play a little and raising less this time.

Flop: ($21) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $141.7</font>, UTG calls $141.70, Hero ???

I am probably perceived by button as a very aggressive, yet I usually show down pretty solid hands.

I think he could do this with a flush draw + a pair or JdTd, even AK. He may do this with a set too. I'm much less sure about UTG as I haven't played with him.

The main pot is is giving me 1.5:1 to make the call. I think it is likely that I am up against a flush draw for one of them and AK or set for the other. If it is AK, I am looking at a split pot if the flush doesn't hit. If it is a set, I need the runner runner. JdTd is certainly possible as it is a flush + dbl gutshot and it is ahead of me. But I have the redraw except for the 8d.

But given that I'm likely looking at a split pot in the most common best case, this is probably a fold.

Are there any other things I should be thinking about here?