Thread: 96s Blind Steal
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 96s Blind Steal

[ QUOTE ]

I actually think the small size of the pot is a pretty good justification for betting, not checking, since if he does checkraise I'm pretty certain I won't have nearly enough odds to call down even though it will be a whacko move with a worse hand from time to time. Way more often that that it will be a monster. If the pot was somehow so big that I'd feel uncomfortable folding the turn then I could see the merits of a check there much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think he'll c/r 22/33/55/any 4/any6 on the turn here? Your play looks like an Ace or overs(since he'll expect you to raise a flop pair or PP). I'd be leery of folding what may be the best hand on the turn (because he's tricky, and the pot's to small to call). Additionally, inducing bluffs on the river is more profitable than in big pots because we give up less equity by allowing a 6-outer to see the river for free.

I intellectually agree with checking turns in these situations, but don't do it much in practice anymore...I may give it a go for awhile and see how it works again.

Also, I opened this thread to figure out who this "Dane S" newb was who was posting a 96s blind steal. Turns out it's Danenania! Crazy world we live in. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Surf