View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 08:33 AM

Default live 1/2 SH hand, top pair turned flush

So I'm playing at a dog track, with very loose (or sometimes very tight, but nevertheless very bad) games, and the table loses a few players so we're down to 6 for a little bit.

Villain = semi-aggressive, sometimes loose, but highly critical of others' play.

The rest of the table, excluding my girlfriend (but even sometimes I ask), are pretty fishy, especially villain 2 who is very wild for hand selection.

I have no idea how to do short-handed position labeling, so bear with me.

Hero is in SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG folds, UTG+1 limps, Villain 1 limps, Villain 2 limps, Hero checks, Girlfriend checks.

Flop:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Girlfriend checks, UTG+1 checks, Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 calls, Hero raises, GF folds, UTG+1 folds, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 calls.

Turn:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Villain 1 calls, Villain 2 calls.

River:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, Villain 1 raises, Villain 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, Villain 1 caps, Hero calls.

Defense of all streets:

Flop: I figured somebody was gonna bet this flop and give me a chance to c/r and protect my hand, so I went for it.

Turn: I have good equity here, and with the flush draw I get the bonus of my hand coming out of absolutely nowhere if I do hit a heart, especially if I'm up against two pair, or any other rivered hand.

River: I did not C/R because of my behavior on the turn. A check-raise may have stopped villain if he picked up two pair, a straight, or a smaller flush. (I am usually seen as a pretty conservative player because the standard for "not tight" there is at a bare minimum 60% of all hands dealt played).

Comments? thanks