View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Bubble: medium stack vs big stack and mini with two pair

Party 20/2 4 handed 150/300:

Hero is in the Big blind with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Seat 3: bamamama111 (725)
Seat 4: Hero(1990)
Seat 6: IterImpius (1975)
Seat 7: Dillonator03 (3310)

Reads: Dillonatior03 is the big stack and has been seeing lots of flops, pushing his marginal hands on the bubble. bamamama111 his limped folded her stack away, going from chip leader to last in chips. She will call the flop and fold the turn w/o a pair. My image is pretty aggressive but I’ve been turning over solid hands.

bamamama111 posts small blind (150)
Hero posts big blind (300)

IterImpius folds.
Dillonator03 calls (300)
bamamama111 calls (150)
Hero checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] , J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bamamama111 checks.
Hero bets (300)
Dillonator03 calls (300)
bamamama111 calls (300)

My initial bet was the min. and I was pissed I did it. I wanted to put myself in a position to commit the short stack knowing she would call, and hope the big stack would fold. I don’t know if there is a bet i can make that the small stack would call and the big stack would fold. Comments on this street would be helpful.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

bamamama111 checks.
Hero bets (1390)
Hero is all-In.

This may have been a crappy move but I wanted anyone who was drawing either to a straight or to spike their 2pair/trips to have the wrong price.

Dillonator03 raises (2710) to 2710
Dillonator03 is all-In.
bamamama111 folds (t125 remaining).

UUUhhh...fuuck. I figured that dill would call me with any jack or an overpair. I was hoping he would fold and the pot committed short stack would call. This didn’t happen but still could have been the right play. At this point i figured that I had the best hand but it was vulnerable. It also put me in a position to double up off the big stack and have a chip lead ITM. Once again comments useful. I can post results if that makes a difference.

A jea