View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: 30-60 River Decision

The other posters are right, considering folding this river is just silly. All he did was donk turn and bet river. Its limit holdem, you have TP/TK, headsup, the board is non-threatening. Call.

Also his line is a bit strange for a guy who has you beat. This is sort of the Ed Miller if its weird, he is weak or very strong and pot odds dictate a call in case he is weak (sort of, this is an easy call regardless) but I am sure you'll agree that most players would three-bet flop or check-raise turn with top two, so unless you are playing mikel who is waiting for you to raise the turn (which most 2+2ers would I suspect) so he can 3 bet you, then its just a strange move.

This may not apply with this guy, but many cannot resist donking the turn when the board pairs. Even when it should be obvious that you aren't folding and they don't have it. Other guys habitually donk it when you raise the flop in a "free card" type manner when last to act after some callers. Even when it should be obvious you aren't drawing since there are no draws. They just think, he wants a free card, I'll stop n go like I always do with my pair.