View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Results, a few more comments / questions

Just realized that I forgot the results... I'm not real sure that any of you care that much, but just in case:

MP3 showed T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the straight. Was his flop call decent with the second nut low draw to go with it? He was getting 5:1, I don't know why he made that call.
SB showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the straight (I can understand his flop bet, with the flush draw and a gazillion-out straight draw after the flop! What is it, 17 outs to the straight if we disregard the other hands involved?)
UTG showed A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the runner-runner trips. I guess he stayed on the turn chasing his J-high flush (that would have been beaten by SB's Q-high had a club actually fallen)

and MHIG.

I think that if UTG had found a fold on the river, I would have check-raised it... I knew MP3 and SB both had QTxy and I hadn't considered KKQT, QJJT, KQJT, or QJT9 as a possible holding... but I'm just happy to have squeaked out with this pot.

After checking out the O/8 site linked above, I promptly dropped 10 of my *cough cough* hard earned BBs at a somewhat tighter but more aggressive table. I've determined that I can profit off of loose passive players who don't know how to read their hands, but everyone else is at an advantage playing against me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the advice!

Oh, and sorry to violate the posting rules regarding the title of this thread... I didn't actually read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" thread until this morning. I suck.