Thread: First hand SnG
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 05:33 AM

Default Re: First hand SnG

I am torn between pushing all-in or calling, first you will face AA every 19 times you start a tourny with KK, pretty good odds, but still a gamble of sorts. I lean towards calling because you allow yourself to make additional choices and I doubt pushing all-in would actually get either to lay down. They are either reckless or dominated or one is loaded with AA and you are a dog. By calling, the first bettor will likely only re-raise if he had AA, but I don't think he is since if he really held AA, he would have gone for a limp/raise if he was any good. The second player could have AA, but I think he would have pushed all-in since the original bet was so big buthe could be baiting the original bettor to call his AA. Calling lets you see the flop, if there is an ace, you check/fold as you don't have enough chips to try anything fancy. If there is a king you go for the check/raise and if there is neither or both, you check and watch them before you decide. The key is you have not given up your chance to make later decisions by going all-in preflop with a re-raise that is unlikely to buy you the pot at that moment. BTW, I put the original bettor on JJ and the raiser on AK trying to make it heads up.

Vern