View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 09:24 AM

Default HORSESHOE TUNICA is what you are addressing this thread

The complainer was probably angry about something I have observed in Horseshoe Tunica. "Prop"? A "prop" is used to fill games and to start games, in short handed scenarios.

THOSE PROFESSIONAL CARD PLAYERS WHO DOUBLE AS DEALERS in Horseshoe are NOT "props". Real props typically leave a game, where there is a long list of persons waiting to play.
The so-called props in Horseshoe KEEP THE SEAT TIED UP, sometimes for hours. I have personally seen a Horseshoe dealer, playing in a game, leave that game, where he HAD HIS BUDDY PLAY HIS MONEY, until the dealer did his time in the "box"...THEN RETURNED TO THE GAME (full of tourists) !!! That's not a "prop". That's a professional player making money, from the visitors.

I may as well get it all out...Those who run Horseshoe must think they are the smartest folks and everyone else is dumb.
For those of you who WORK THERE, be advised that many of us have PLAYED CARDS in LAS VEGAS with some of those very persons you call "props", when they were PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYERS....and you know of whom I speak.

It may have seemed the player was complaining about a "check-raise", when he was actually complaining about a HORSESHOE EMPLOYEE BULLDOG, being "sicced" on him.

To heck with a rule change regarding check-raising, that's not the real issue...GET THOSE "ON DUTY" HORSESHOE DEALERS OUT OF ALL THE GAMES. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I was dealing in a 4-8 game the other day with 2 props. One of the props check-raised the flop and led out to the river with a set against a "nitty" player. Aftr the hand was over the nit player absolutly LIT into the prop for check-raising and told him he'd never tip him again when he dealt. The prop replied that he was only playing his hand and it was nothing personal. The prop literarly had to get up and walk from the table to avoid confrontation from the player. Now my view is the room needs props. Props help the players and the room start games and hold short games together. It's hard enough to get good props to play knowing they're giving up a "X" amount of money they could make dealing. Taking away the ability to check-raise from a prop is like taking away the pass rush in football. It's hard enough to beat a low limit game like 4-8. Check-raise is PART OF THE GAME. The nit player that got mad in my opinion was way out of line by getting upset with the prop. I personaly would never support a rule not allowing a prop to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]