View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: ($50 NL) How cheaply can you get away from this QQ in the bb?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your call preflop. You say you called to hit a set...but I'm not sure that you have odds. You are calling about 10 BB and even when you flop a set..he can outdraw you, or be ahead on a KQx kind of flop (with KK) or he could get away from a AQx flop if he has KK, or maybe he doesnt lose his whole stack with an overpair vs a set.

If you have him beat preflop (ie he has JJ or AK) you are OOP for the hand and so might have to lay down the pest hand postflop.

So that said I think a raise or fold is best preflop. IMO, a raise is basically a bluff....you are 3-betting preflop OOP and comitting 1/3 of your stack, this is basically representing AA/KK to me, so if you play QQ this way, you might as well do the same with any PP down to 22. If he does indeed have AA/KK/JJ/AK, he's only folding JJ and maybe AK and continuing with the others, so for that reason I think raising is wrong. If you do raise to ~17 as suggested earlier, fold to any raise and if you get flat called, check/fold a non Qxx flop. Personally I think while folding preflop may seem weak, it is right in this situation.

As played, you should be leading flop for 2/3 pot and folding to a raise. If called, then c/f turn. As you have checked the flop, you have to fold to his pot bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

reraising this pf is as much of a bluff as making a continuation bet on a flop with A high after raising pf.