View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Online Table Selection

I developed this method of table selection when I was a limit player, and it was extremely sucessfull then in terms of finding the best possible tables.

The 'Rat Trap.' I sit down at a totally empty table and wait for people to come to me. The first opponents who sit down are usually the worst players on the site, for some reason I can't explain. They are bad at poker, and the fact that the game is heads-up or very short magnifies thier badness.

Soon a few more people show up, these people tend to like short tables becasue they are lucky at running them down. But you're better than them at SH play, and you end up taking thier money. When yet more people show up, everybody (except you) is now a fish out of water, literally. And the avg pot are usually quite high, along with high table-average VPIPs. Tables I started this way in limit invariably ended up being as juicy and delicious as a porterhouse, and they remained so longer than other tables.

Disclaimer: I did this constantly at limit, but I haven't done it as much at no-limit. But try it, you may like it.