Thread: Here's a Hand
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Here\'s a Hand

I think your mistakes in this hand started before the flop, and you compounded it by putting in a lot of bets when your equity started sucking. It all culminated in being forced to pay off on the river (which I think you should here). But...

Preflop: I'd likely just call. I don't know about building this pot 4 handed in the worst position when it will be too easy to get pushed off the best hand or pay off a better hand.

Flop is fine but I think I'd just 3bet. I see no reason to stop, this is your flop. It super looks like the BB has a decent made/drawing hand and the limper has a naked big diamond. YOu don't say BB is aggressive, he's raising you despite you 3betting out of the SB so his hand looks like a big diamond and an 8 or maybe something stronger, i don't think he's popping you here with middle pair.

On the turn the 8 is about teh worst card for you, I'm ok with betting most turn cards but not this one. BB might be going nutty here but his raise spells doom for you I think. Once CO folds however the chance that our diamond is good plus the size of the pot force a turnand river call.

I think the line I would take is call PF and bet 3bet the flop. Arriving where you did on teh turn check and call/overcall, the check and call but don't overcall the river.