View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: good game of questionable legality in Ohio

[ QUOTE ]
I was mostly wondering about the legality of the game, though. It's at the Eagles, but it's in the basement. I think the game is actually somehow associated with a local baseball card shop (that's what the credit card receipts say). It's not like this is a charity event, and people can just walk in off the street and play.

Not sure what I'm actually looking for. I don't know that I'll bother saying, "Hey, I know this is illegal, and the least you could do is cut the max rake down a buck or two." I guess I was just looking for other people's opinions, because I really have very little experience with live poker (except home games).

[/ QUOTE ]

As your neighbor in PA, which has similar laws, this is what I think:

Poker is illegal if the house makes a profit. End of story.

With regard to what you should do: don't say anything. If this is the only good game around, there's no use saying something that is going to result in you getting uninvited.

I also considered saying something about potential dangers with criticizing illegal games, but then I reread your post and saw that it has something to do with a baseball card shop, and figured that there's no concern with a bunch of dorks kicking your ass for complaining. It's not like this is the mob.