View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

[ QUOTE ]

Against someone like this though, who I figured for superaggressive, I fully expected him to bluff at the pot on the turn, but it was so small of a bet, that I figured that seeing another river card could induce another bluff out of him (I've seen alot of people make small bet on one street, then go for a huge bet on the next cuz they think their opponent was weak, was trying to go for that from him). Since he checked to me, I decided that I'd either get nothing more out of him (fully expected him to fold) or he would make an assumption that this huge bet I made was one saying "I got nothing, please don't call and let me take this pot" and in this case, it worked. He might have still called a smaller bet, in fact, given his hand, I'd expect him to call a 100 buck bet based on odds alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you trying to induce a bluff when your hand is A-high? Yeah, the flop is nice but if you brick out you might end up having to fold to the bluff you induced. People are setting traps with draws now? Get money in on this flop regardless of the type of player you're against. Every time.