View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: More job advice - salary negotiations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the real world, it is not very uncommon to sit directly next to someone, doing the exact same job, for drastically different pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever this real world is you are talking about, I'm going to guess it's the same one I've been living in while working 30 hours a week through college at grueling jobs, then putting in weekly overtime in a stressful, underpaid job that is actually socially productive because I posess a conscience.

You're right, though, it was silly to post this to OOT, but only because it's been invaded by people whose first priority is to condescend and belittle.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you saying? Are you saying that it is not uncommon to sit next to someone making drastically different pay for the same job?

Or are you just being butt-hurt because I said 'In the real world'?

Sorry, but in the real world not everybody sugar coats their comments for you benefit. Some people actually speak their mind and give honest opinions.

Do you have kids? A mortgage? Car payments? People that
depend on your paycheck each month?

If not, no offense, but no, you are not in the real world yet, you are simply working your way through college. A place nobody is forcing you to go.

The 'march-in, demand then walk if rebuffed' approach doesn't work so well when people you love actually depend on you to produce an income.