View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:07 PM

Default RESULTS and reasoning.

Bobbo outlined a lot of what went through my head when that river came out and he checked.

Flop: My opponent has a wide range for check-raising this flop. I've been raising a lot pre-flop and cont. betting virtually every time (it was working fine), so he really didn't have to have much for the check-raise there.

Turn: That was a weak bet, and with those stack-sizes (400BB+), if he had anything decent he'd be trying to get as much chips in the middle as possible. The raise size was very standard for me.

River: His calling the turn raise really slowed me down. At that point I had to give him credit for a good hand. Then he checked the river... I couldn't see him checking that river with a boat or a flush, that was just far too unlikely. So if he couldn't have a boat and didn't have the flush, I didn't see him calling my all-in.

He had 67o and flopped top two, he told me later (no, I didn't show - I never show my cards), and got counterfeited on the river. Lucky me.
A few minutes later I took the same line with a boat (all-in overbet on the river), then with a straight. They folded every time. Dammit. It works both ways [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kirk