Thread: thread locking
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 03:08 AM

Default thread locking

I've read the posting guidelines, which is by no means short. At the bottom it references "CallMeIshmael's Statistics Information," which is indeed interesting, and it's even currently on the front page, but there is no mention of players posting PT stats.

If there is some rule against players posting PT stats, then it should be stated in the posting guidelines.

It really makes no sense to just lock threads with no explanation whatsoever. If somebody's being a jerk, send them a warning when you lock the thread and boot them off the board next time they do it. If there is a rule being violated, make sure that rule is stated. If there was an explanation posted on locked threads (how long would the post take? 15 seconds?) people would start to get the idea, wouldn't they?

Locking threads with no reason given, though, is bad moderation. What is the point? If you don't say WHY the thread is locked, people will just keep posting similar threads.

It's just a little irritating putting about an hour of thought into a post just to have it locked within 5 minutes with no explanation. It's essentially just some random person saying, "I've seen your thoughts and have found them to not be interesting enough that anybody else would ever want to see them." I'm not too broken up about someone giving me a big F.U., but it's a little sad for it to be done anonymously.

I can understand that if my post comes across as something that can be totally answered by CallMeIshmael's thread, then go ahead and lock it and say, "Look at this thread, [censored]." So much for getting any feedback on the current state of 2/4 BBJ on Party, though.

Honestly, are people restricted to posting nothing but hands they played now?