View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 04:57 AM

Default A cry for 6-max help

Since I've been running bad lately, and the A-team is too old to help me out, I'm turning to small stakes.

I've lost about 4 buyins at $50NL in the last week. Most if it was due to some bad luck: two buyins with aces , one with AK , but by now I know enough about this game to confirm that I'm also a bit lost.

This bad run has occured at the 6-max tables, and I don't have much experience with it. I'm comfortable playing full ring up to $100NL, and really shorthanded up to $50NL. But 6-max is causing me trouble. I'm trying to find a balance between playing tight as in full ring and playing in highest gear as I do headsup.

But so far, my efforts have gone unrewarded. When I tighten up, I get run over by LAGs (not even good ones). When I loosen up, I win a lot more pots, but I can't turn a profit because I lose it all again when I run into a solid hand.

It's probably more complicated than that, but I'm just trying to give you an impression of what I think the problem is. Anyway, since you guys keep posting that 6-max is more fun, more profitable and a lot less boring than full ring, I'd like to give it a serious try.

I think Fimbulwinter has once posted his preflop strategy for 6-max, but I've lost the link. Anyone else have this? Any other links to good 6-max strategy threads would also be greatly appreciated. (I have the links to "Deep Stacks, Implied Odds, Preflop Play and The State of SSNL", "My 25NL Adventure/Pilgrimage", and GrunchCan's favorite NL threads, but thanks anyway).

I've opened a new account at Empire with 1K in it, I'm gonna get PT and start looking into my play. Would Empire's $50NL 6-max be a good place to start or do you recommend dropping down to $25?

Thanks for the help.