View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Update of my Progress

Ah, youth. You have your whole life to win the WSOP, do you really want to do it next year and have the rest be an anti-climax? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Moving up & down decisions should be kid stuff compared to learning the game and how players play. So how about the following for a hard bankroll rule -- I'll follow it if you will:

Got 20 buy-ins for a level => start playing that level
Down to 18 buy-ins for a level => drop back until up to 20 buy-ins again

That's very easy to follow, and if you really learn the ropes at a particular level, you should roll up dough fast enough that you'll leave the 18 limit in your rear view mirror in no time.

Furthermore, at your current earn rate (which even some simple math says is on the hot side), you'll be taking on higher levels at a reasonably quick rate:

At the lower levels, +10PTBB/100 should be sustainable for a good player, or at least that's what the smart guys on this forum say. If buy-ins are 100BB, and each level is double the buy-in of the one below, then to move up a level, you need to double your bankroll, which means win 20 current-level buy-ins, or 2000BB, or 1000PTBB. And if you're a good player, winning 1000PTBB should take you, on average, a mere 10,000 hands.

In the meantime, focus on learning. It's hard when you're coining money; I've been running very hot for a week now, and -- what a coincidence -- haven't posted many hands for review. But the way to move up, in the end, is to know the game better and better.

You should be asking yourself, how do I know the game better than I did last week? That's the part that matters. Advancement will follow.