View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: SSHE starting hands question

A lot of(most?) 2+2ers will tell you to raise in a 'tight' game with a few hands in EP that SSH says not to (I'm thinking mainly AJo, ATs, KQs, 99). I have asked a couple times about why the deviation from SSH but never received a reply that was better than something along the lines of "because its more profitable". At which point I ask why SSH doesn't have us raising those hand and they then don't reply. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I have came up with a couple thoughts that might atleast have something to do with it...

1) The online games used to be looser. Apparently 2/4 today played more like 1/2 or .5/1 a year to two years ago. Perhaps back then the games were loose enough where the game was playing more like a loose SSH game than a tight one.

2) Raising more hands UTG might be be a good plan for very tight/aggressive games. Last week I was playing two tables of Absolute 5/10 for about two hours and during the session EVERY time I limped in EP I was raised and EVERY time I raised in EP I took the blinds.