View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: HU hand vs. Dreamclown

I am probably not qualified to respond here, but I will give it a shot. I don't know what caliber of player Dreamclown is. I feel like a deer in headlights trying to decide which line is best. The fact that he did not cap preflop but then raised the flop leads me to believe that he probably doesn't have and Ace because he has to know that you aren't going to fold and Ace. If I put myself in his shoes with a medium to weak Ace high, I would rather let you keep the lead because I will never make you fold a better hand. With a stronger Ace I can see him raising the flop for value, but his failure to cap preflop makes that seem unlikely.

So it looks like to me he either has a little (including draws) or a lot (a pair or better). Maybe with T high for instance he may decide to try to push you off of Q or J high, but given that you 3-bet preflop he has to know that you have a K, an Ace, or a pair pretty often here so that scenario seems somewhat unlikely. But if he does have one of these nothing hands I think you let him keep betting. With a pot size of 5BB prior to the turn betting, we should probably be pretty indifferent as to whether we want him to fold or to keep betting, but if there is any chance he will fire again on the river with a worse hand than ours I think we definitely do not want him to fold. Playing the turn and river passively obviously save us chips when he is in fact in front or passes us on the river.

I guess overall I think checking the river may be best.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks,
Cartman