View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 2 100/200 blind war hands

[ QUOTE ]

Turn A putting a 2 flush up there, he bets I raise again (planning to follow through on the river of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get this at all. Here are some reasons why I don't understand this play.

1. You didn't reraise preflop eliminating some big ace hands.
2. You raised a relatively harmless flop which means you could have a pair, draw, or nothing. Many weak holdings.
3. He raised preflop. Many of his hands will contain an ace.
4. The turn puts a new draw on the board so he might put you on a flush draw and call down lighter.

If it was me, I might have a Q planning on checkraising the turn. The ace might scare you so I don't. I'd call down your raise with basically any Q here.

I might also have an ace. Autobet the flop, calling the raise. I might plan on calling down unimproved or check-folding depending on what the board brings. When the ace comes on the turn I bet for value thinking you'll check behind small pairs fearing the ace. When you raise I'll call down (possibly donking the river).

The river followthrough seems particularly terrible as I can't think of a hand I would call the raise on the turn ad fold the river. I would have to be unpaired. I wouldn't call the turn with JTo getting 7-1. KJ, KT are remote possibilities but I think they are outweighed by my legitimate pair hands.

Do you think a picked up flush draw comprise a large part of his hand range? What am I missing?

Krishan