View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Club Ettiquettes - would u do business in this situation?

1/2 NL game - New player comes in announces he always does business whether he was favorite or not. Sure enough - two to three hours in - He did business like 3 times where I think he was favorite everytime.
So I get into a hand where he goes all in when he flopped top 2 pairs and I called with bottom set. Pot was about $900. I turned down his offer for business and I go ahead and win the hand. He starts mumbling to the table about how young kids these days dont appreciate and return favors. Dont get me wrong - he wasnt being a jerk -- it was just a little comment and he didnt seem like a jerk at all so I know was a just a little upset about losing.
I normally dont do business when Im a favorite - I do sometimes when it's a coin toss or if Im a dog BUT I never bring up business - I dont mind just playing it out but in the cases when Im a dog - I always accept someones offer to do business but I never ask - How can anyone turn down doing business when you are a dog anyways?? heh heh.
But in this situation - would you go out of your own playing standards and do business out of courtesy?? To be honest also -- I would have accepted his offer to do business if I was the dog. I play for a living so winning and losing means more than someone playing for pleasure or for supplemental income.

For those that are not sure what doing business means....
"doing Business" in a club means the two player agrees to run the Turn and River card more than once - usually 2-3 times then u chop up the pot according to how many times u win.

What do you guys think?