View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Curtains Hand #1

[ QUOTE ]
he's playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

not a good answer...we learn nothing from just writing this off as "playing poker". Every move should have a distinct reason for it. IOW if he thinks his 3rd pair no kicker is good there should be a specific explanation for that reasoning.

If villain was a 2+2er one would think that he'd be pretty tight this early in the game hence the PF steal attempt. Given that BB probably called with high cards or mid PP, the flop is okay, but not great. There's a good chance a c-bet will get picked off here as the flop looks to have missed hero's hand. The small flop bet by villain rules out an overpair. So a call isn't bad.

Check-check turn...sweet, free river card hopefully cheap showdown. I still have no clue what villain has aside from its not 99-AA.

River...check, bet 200. I don't really understand this call. I've been trying to reason it out. BB doesn't have a monster otherwise he wouldn't bet out so much. If he had a K, he probably would've bet the turn (although he might've been scared you had a whiffed AK and was trying to induce a bet). 50/50 that a jack bets out or just checks behind.

I think the only hand you beat here is air or A7, and I just don't see that happening often enough to justify a call.