View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: A lot of trouble could have been avoided

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I should clarify that this run began in september, when I was playing off a 50k roll. I'd lose a chunk playing BJ, and make it back at the tables.

Then I stopped playing the BJ and stayed at poker after I had to take 20k out to pay for tuition and a vacation.

Suddenly, after a bad run of cards, I was down to 5k.

At nopoint did I lose more than 20% of my actual playing roll in any given run, but it's still 25k i wish i had now that I'm rebuilding.

[/ QUOTE ]

this logic/justification is really terrible.
do you see why?

Many a winning poker-player has been fallen by logic like this ("I'd blow some of my winnings on sports-betting/drugs/hookers/expensive toys/-EV games because I could just make it back at the poker-tables).

I'm not trying to rub it in because obviously you've gotten pretty badly clobbered and I do, in fact, feel for you.
But I don't think the reasoning you are using to partly justify (perhaps the wrong word...whatever) your losses is really dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, this is no justification by any means. I'm well aware that every hand I play costs me money, and at a poker table I can only hope to earn my hourly rate and nothing more.

In reality I had hoped that the slim house edge would not have the drastic effect it has had.

The real point is that I'm a total moron for overplaying my bankroll at the BJ tables and I wanted to help stop others from doing the same by explaining that if you just delete the graphics files that hold the buttons for Blackjack you can no longer access the Blackjack site.