View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Fear of multitabling

Wouldn't call myself a beginner, but I figured I'd post here anyway. Figure I might get a decent response.

Back in January, deposited $75 at UB, did okay for about a week, then wound up pissing the vast majority (read: all but $2) away. Was on the verge of saying [censored] it, betting the last $2 and walking away. Figured what the hell...reread SSHE for the umpteenth time, and maybe I'll learn something. And I worked my way up from $.01/$.02. Painful.

Soon, $2 became $10 became $25, then back to $10 (don't recommend moving through .05/.10 to .25/.50 that fast), then slowly back to $50, then broke even at $75. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Have been committed to .25/.50 for a long time, and now it's almost exclusively .50/1.00. Cracked $200 earlier this week, and I would rate myself a pretty decent player. Definitely have leaks, but I'm happy with the 4.5 BB/hr I'm getting. PT has me as a TAA. I know I still need to improve.

However, I have an extreme fear of multitabling. With my ability, I think I should be able to handle it, but I feel like I can't concentrate on one game and really grasp what the other players are doing. Anyone else go through this? I may try at least stepping it up to 2 tables and seeing what happens.

If any of you are smartasses like me, I fully expect the obligatory Tilt "time to get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves" post.