View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 AM

Default I am horrible with 99

I don't have PokerTracker in front of me right now but I think I am losing with 99 and 88 through 35k hands. I think that too often I am in the mindset of playing them solely for set value. For instance I almost always limp with them in early position. I very rarely attempt to isolate with them. I just play scared with these hands. On to a hand that just occured.

I've been at the table for about three orbits now and nobody has stood out. There has been a lot of limping preflop and so far there has been just one preflop raise that didn't come from me. I don't remember anything interesting concerning postflop play from villains so lets just assume they are loose-passive fish.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

<font color="blue">In the past I would have probably just limped in here because I suck, but when I saw the hand I made a concerted effort to be more aggressive. </font>

Flop: (6.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> Getting two callers is not what I wanted to see here. Certainly a chance that I am behind but is the chance great enough to shutdown?</font>

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ??