View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Hammer the river?

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing solid on the Villan. Want to 3-bet the flop we want this heads up don't we?

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], . UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero <font color="red"> bets<font color="#CC3333">, UTG raises, <font color="black"> Hero </font> ?

<font color="black"> Cap the river or just call. Does complete a couple of backdoor draws.

Probably pretty standard but my confidence is a little low right now. Thanks for looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm inclined to just call. I expect to see AK most of the time. Sometimes you'll see AA/KK and once in a while you'll see KJ. 3-betting opens the door to losing extra bets to the rake and better hands far more often than it opens the door to winning an extra bet from a worse hand.