View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

First, my GF has a huge head start on me in terms of career progression. Secondly, she works in a field (fashion) that makes much, much more than mine (current/future). Even when I get my MA, I will still probably make less than her as I will most likely work in the non-profit/public sector.

Also, I am a part-time grad student who works full time. My job pays my tuition in full but justifies not paying comparably, and giving decent raises by saying "we pay for your school". Basically my paychecks are anemic in the sense that I make enough to live in month to month in NY, but cannot save or invest.

My GF is willing to bear with me while I do this, and she knows that in the future I probably wont make a ton of cash. For that I think she's awesome. She could care less how much money I make as long as Im doing what I want to be doing. Of course, I probably couldnt walk in and announce my plans to become a heroin sumggler, but as long as its something semi-respectable. Hell, when I met her I was a waiter.