View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: My low-level SNG quiz

[ QUOTE ]

10. Heads up, 300-600 blinds. Your opponent is overly passive, and you have been stealing from him at will. You’re about even in chips, and he open-raises to 2400. You have Ad3d. Action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you drop the blinds to 100-200, you get a situation which happens a lot in the non-turbo SNGs at Stars. In this case, you can be playing many, many hands heads-up, you're not in a push-fold regime, and even the most daft opponents tend to start figuring out that you're running them over with garbage if you do it too much. Thus, while it's good to have reads like this, you also need to be ready for your opponent to change gears after a few hands. After a few hands I'm surprised how often these "passive" opponents are making this move with K7.

In the situation mentioned where the average stack is 12 BBs and the blind levels last half as long, or in a Party SNG where the average stack will generally be even shorter or will get shorter quickly thanks to the rapidly escalating blinds, then I think it might be worthwhile to stick to this read.