Thread: Leaking finding
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Leaking finding

[ QUOTE ]
WOW - my first 2-3 rounds in a pokerroom SnG - I'm playing like maybe 15%-20% in 0/8.

maybe I'm weak tight, but it seems there are so many medicore hands that can just get you into trouble drawing to 2nd or 3rd nuts, and I hate playing most pots when there is a raise and I am out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well sitngos are a different story. I prefer the cash games and here is why:

As I stated, when someone ahead of you puts in a bet to see the flop and you have a good hand, bump. If anything after the flop you may be giving yourself good enough pot odds to semi-chase. In the long term, the percentages will hold true and you will be up, and winning bigger pots. Sure, you will also lose bigger pots, but you are only losing your bets in these large pots, and winning multiple players bets in the pots you do win.

It's all about giving yourself pot odds if you are comfortable doing the math in O8. It is so much more scientific than hold'em and this is exactly why I prefer O8. Many people figure they have X outs, since in hold'em they would, but nobody takes into consideration the other side of the pot.

This is why you'll see people ram and jam with just nut low even heads up. Put a red flag on these guys cause they are dead money.

Sitngos I play extremely tight, like once I came 3rd out of about 54 in an MTT and I was seeing something like 12% of the flop. No joke, I think it lasted around 200 hands and I saw maybe 24 flops. Of course, bad beat on the end and I was out.