View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 03:24 PM

Default Re: \"I Play the Board,\" I lose the pot, I miss a bet.

I believe that this is dealer error. The dealer could have asked, "Are you playing the board?" If yes, the dealer should have killed that hand that was tossed face-down on the table before showing it. Then it would have been dead and he could ONLY have had 1/2 the pot. If no, he should ask, "Are you sure?" If he says yes here, the dealer should have treated it as a fold and given you the pot. I believe the dealer messed this up huge.

I do not believe it is correct for a dealer to show ANY HAND that is no longer in control of the player BEFORE killing it, if the player did not specifically state call or fold (and here too the dealer would touch the hand to the muck) before tossing his hand face-down on the table.

This is how I would have done it if I were dealing that table...anyone think this is correct / wrong? Part of me, however, wants to muck that hand, and give you the pot (his action seems to indicate fold to me), but the better side of me would make that man clarify his actions 1st.

EDIT: To clarify my words.