View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

[ QUOTE ]
So let me get this straight...

You make a post about how "we" should all join together so that we could use "our" leverage (or strength in numbers) to get better benefits at online poker rooms.

You are approached by a new site, who arguably could use all the business that "we" could provide them. However, they do not want to support "everyone" in our group.

So now you are trying to determine some arbitrary set of rules to reduce the size of "the group" to conform to the new site's requirements? How is this plan of action fulfilling the mantra in your original post? Sounds to me like you are using "the masses" in this forum to work out special deals for you and who ever you choose to be included in the new subset.

It seems to me that there are only 2 courses of action that will continue the spirit of your original thread.

1. Tell the site to go back their spreadsheets and find a plan that will work for EVERYONE in the group. Special plans for individuals within the group removes all credibility from what this group was designed to do.

2. If #1 is unattainable. Walk away. Strength in numbers. If a site does not want to work with "our group" as a whole, then perhaps we don't want to work with them. I think that this option has been overlooked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I cannot argue with anything that you have stated.

The site discussed limiting the players initially just to make sure there was the traffic to justify our play.

If I was one of the 20 which was not selected, I would not be happy either.

I hate to say we just walk away, given this is the most serious talks I have had with any site. There is a promise of adding more players as soon as their traffic dictates.

There would be value to the whole group if a "test group" did prove their worth to the site. I never played at games grid, but from what I hear it was just 2er vs. 2er for that 1000% bonus or whatever it was.

Ideally, if this site could support all of our play from day one would be great, but I don't know if that could be the case, given their original position.

And how to decide what 20 is a real problem at this point...