View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: How much to raise with 1500 stacks?

[ QUOTE ]
Beck, I think you'd do well to consider the following advice when playing in deeper stacked tourneys. TPTK isn't always the best hand. Early in the tournament, you need to develop some skills to let this go. Furthermore, with the flop you just described, this is extremely coordinated, and definately has the possibility for two pair (particularly KQ for the pair, and TJ for the straight). It's much easier to let your AK hands go here, and to fight another day.

When playing with deeper stacks, you need to consider one of two things. One, raise smaller amounts with the objective to win/play a small pot. Two, raise a significant amount, risking a significant amount of chips if you don't improve or take it down (or don't get any callers). IMO, a hand like AK can be tricky in these early rounds, and you bode well to learn not to loose too much with these hands.

Good luck at the tables.
Scuba

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was considering KQ as a possibility. But the thing is I hit the flop, he never showed any aggression, but just called (I know, he had position on me). And if I don't make significant bets, I risk giving them free cards. But perhaps not respecting position is my biggest mistake here?